Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Podcast Critique: NPR- Taxing Sugar

http://www.npr.org/player/v2/mediaPlayer.html?action=1&t=1&islist=false&id=146481752&m=146453160

The title of the podcast is what really grabbed my attention. I liked how it was straight to the point, and it incorporated two everyday items/issues, sugar and economics.

The audio part of the podcast was well produced. I liked how at the beginning the two dj's were joking around with the name "Stevia". The added humor drew me in deeper.

The dj's explained what the sugar substitute was, where it is found, and how it is made. They also went farther and explained how currently Asia is dominating this industry, but how many Americans are trying to start the business in California.

The only thing that confused me was how the audio never touched on the "taxing" aspect, which is what they named the podcast after. However, that issue was discussed in the text portion.

The only critique I have to give this podcast is that they should have talked about the taxing issue, since that is what caught my attention in the first place.

No comments:

Post a Comment